Assigning a real estate consultant
Contacting a real estate consultant will save you time and money, and he/she will lead you tothe optimal choice. Below, we are going to explore some basic reasons for assigning a real estate agent to assist you with your home-selling process as well as choosing between a plain and an exclusive assignment. An exclusive assignment has a 75% chance of success, while a plain assignment has only 25%.
All the characteristics of the property and of its surroundings are listed while the photo & video shooting of the property is taking place. The photoshoot could be conducted by a professional photographer. However, a number of actions have to be preceded such as cleaning and repairing the property and anything else the owner has decided.
Selecting a selling price
The selling price should not be regulated according to the amount of money the sellers would like to earn but the amount the property is likely to be sold. Besides, each selling and buying process requires at least two sides, a seller and a buyer. The selling price ought to be within the price range that both sides accept. At this step, the seller announces the price range he/she wants to the real estate professional. Also, they announce the reasons they sell and whether their priority is to sell fast or at the right price.
Evaluation of the selling price / Presentation of the real estate market and competitive properties
The experience of a real estate professional is essential in selecting the selling price of the property. When it comes to expensive and special properties it is advisable that you consult a property evaluator. In this way, you avoid selling the property at a lower price than what it could be sold at. At the same time, you avoid deciding on a very high price which could lead to “blacklisting” of the property. Frequent or wide price reductions lead to more pressing price negotiations from buyers filing an offer. The presentation of the real estate market and the competitive properties is crucial. The selling price should be examined within the price range that the seller has set. The sellers can also decide whether they are going to make interventions to the property so it could be sold at a higher price.
Promotion of the property
This is one of the stages where the real estate consultant could be of great assistance since they perform it on a daily basis and are equipped with tools that are often unavailable to the sellers. The tools applied to each property depending on the choice of the real estate consultant and correspondingly the office which he/she cooperates with. The possibilities vary. For example, our office, RE/MAX Estate, promotes its properties on 8 Greek websites, 142 international websites in 74 countries, and social media networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube, and the Russian platform ok.ru. The promotional tools could be supported by 3D video presentations and other contemporary tools. The promotion of a property depends on the type of the property and the type of assignment (plain or exclusive). Each property is unique. This is why we choose the ways we promote our properties individually.
Arrangement of documents
During this stage, the sellers have to arrange the necessary documents for the selling process. Mostly, property title deeds should be complete (some cases lack acceptance of inheritance), the property should be inspected for the prohibition of arbitrariness (in case of arbitrariness it should be included in the corresponding regulation) and the owners ought to be aware of any depths (mortgages, tax office, co-proprietor charges and utility companies such as ΔΕΗ, ΕΥΔΑΠ). If possible, it is advised that the seller settles any debts, so the selling process proceeds quickly.
Suggesting the property to selected buyers
Real estate consultants have access to potential buyers interested in viewing the property and buyers who have already visited similar properties as well. In a few words, they have the possibility to address buyers who have set as their criteria characteristics of the specific property. This is not possible for someone who wants to sell their property by themselves. During the viewing, it is best for the sellers to be absent so they won’t influence the potential buyers. In many cases, a selling deal has been canceled due to errors made by the sellers during the viewing process. Before this process, each buyer is evaluated so the professionals won’t show suggest it to potential buyers with no intention to buy. In the case of exclusive assignment, the sellers save time from the constant communication demanded with the buyers and real estate consultants who suggest the property to buyers unprepared to buy.
Offer deposit and negotiations
Following the viewings of the property, the potential buyers deposit their offers. If the seller accepts, the deal is proceeding. In case the offer is rejected, then negotiations have to take place. The negotiations are handled by the real estate consultants since they have more experience -always according to the sellers’ guidance. The sellers avoid direct negotiations in order to avoid mistakes, reveal their intentions, and diminish the pressure of deciding immediately.
After the required negotiations held by the real estate consultant, the home-buying deal is officially sealed.